Siblings DNA Test
We recommend doing a sibling DNA test as an alternative to a paternity test, generally when the alleged parent is not available for testing.Sibling tests are not as straightforward as paternity testing because the amount of shared genetic markers between siblings will not be as high as in between a father and a child. DNA tests are based on the comparison of the genetic profiles to determine the level of similarity and hence the probability of two or more people being related.
We strongly suggest including the sample of a known mother to provide stronger results.
DNA testing for siblings will tell you whether two or more people are likely to be:
- Full Siblings: in this case they share both biological parents.
- Half siblings: in this case the siblings share only one of their parents.
- No siblings at all: the individuals tested have no parent in common.
A siblings test will provide you with stronger results when a known parent is available for testing. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about testing between brothers and sisters.
We offer our siblings test starting from as little as £199. The cost may change depending on the type of test selected, the number of persons to be tested and the location of the parties involved (if we are required to send additional kits). Results are ready in 5-7 working days.
The types of sibling analysis we provide:
- The STR test is done between siblings of different sexes that want to establish whether they share both parents.
- The X Chromosome test is done only between females from different mothers who wish to know if they have the same biological dad.
- The Y Chromosome test is done between males wishing to know whether they share the same father.
- The MtDNA test will tell you whether tested parties share a common maternal line.
Please return to our relationship DNA testing page to continue reading about DNA testing between relatives.
Offered by 04.12.2016– Last updated on